This past weekend I installed the Bimba 171S stainless steel air cylinders and Kysor solenoid that I repurposed. This re-designed the engine shutdown and high-idle limit to use off the shelf commonly available parts.
I took some video of the process. The first video explains what is going on and why:
The second video shows the installation and then operation of the engine. It has been edited for brevity as nobody wants to watch 3 hours of mechanic work.
I’m pleased with the outcome as this was a $50 repair overall. $25 for both cylinders on eBay and $25 for the solenoid on eBay. Watch to see how I did it.