I finally got the headlights mounted, installed, and wired. On the downside, I apparently forgot to take pictures Friday evening. I’m not entirely happy with the way they are mounted. The Neoplan / Auwarter fiberglass front trim is angled. I’m actually impressed that the original headlights worked as well as they did. The wiring harnesses were a mess.
I ordered some nylon spacers from BoltDepot to try and straighten out my Nissan Pathfinder headlight buckets. Headlight buckets are the metal assemblies that the headlight itself mounts in. They contain the adjusters and fasten to the body of the vehicle. I ordered a pair of them on eBay for $22 including free shipping. I guess they are frequently replaced on eBay. The problem I have right now is that they are toed out too much.
I chose to keep the square look, although it would have been much easier to purchase some Dietz 7 inch black headlight buckets like these and then the 7″ truck-lite LED’s like these for Jeep’s.
Truck-lite’s throw off a ton of even, well balanced light. Amazon has a good listing for them here:
Truck-Lite (27270C) Headlamp
The one I actually used is this one:
Truck-Lite (27450C) Headlamp